Friday, May 15, 2009

Trying to make a chair in 3D (pain in the ass)

Today i decided to model my scene. First I will model the chair, then the boxes and beer bottles. After this I will move on to texturing. Started out with a box shape which widened to make the seat. I then split the box in two and deleted one side. I planned to make one half of the chair and duplicate it.

I began to bevel the sides to make it more realistic. After this I extruded downwards to make the legs. This was a bit of a pain because they didn't look quite right. After extruding again i decided to start over with the legs. I had seen a flaw in my initial chair design and I knew i needed to look more closely at more chairs. The image of my scene only has one decent view of the kind of chair I want.

With the new chair i made the front legs first and worked backwards. I decided to make the back legs and the back of the chair all in one piece. Trying to find the right look to make it feel like a 1930s chair was starting to annoy me.

I made the back legs too thin initially. I had to delete some lines and try again. This still caused some problems.

I then decided to take a break from the chair and come back when I had done some more research, when I will hopefully have a better idea of what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment