Friday, May 22, 2009

Almost at the end, have to put it in After Effects - THANK GOD!!!!

This is probably my last blog for a very very very very long time. After I rendered both of my scenes and fixed a few minor problems (Maya and 3ds problems), i brought all my resources - pictures, audio and whatever I wanted to put into the trailer - into After Effects. I was going to do it is Premier, but I don't know how to use the latest version and i remember it being a very big pain in the ass. I know more about After Effects and it's easier to use (for me). After Effects was a bit gay at first but after kicking it in the balls real hard it started to work. in After Effects i put the scene together slowly but surely and simply. I wanted the trailer to be simple and not too dramatic, I wanted to show a bit of the history and a bit of the crime scene, but I didn't want to give away the whole story. Once I had imported all the files i needed or wanted I started putting everything together - first I put two production logos up - 'A-Z Entertainment' and 'Team FHS Productions', after this i introduced some text showing some of the history of the Prohibition era (not too much, i don't wanna bore everyone to death, it's the last day of uni). Then I introduced a little bit about the underworld and how it made money off illegal booze - this was one slide and it summed it up well, I used a picture of Lucky Luciano, who was the first official boss of the modern Genovese crime family.
After the picture I put some text mentioning the date of the St Valentines Day massacre, I wanted this to linger there so people could soak up this info about one of the most horrific days in US history. After this I wanted to put an audio argument (see prev blog for details) over the scene, but after trying this out in a separate program it just didn't fit at all, so i decided to scrap the idea. I wanted to use it, but I didn't have A: enough time to make a new scene for it and B: time to work out if it was even any good. I played the safe option and not use it - from there I brought in the other scene I made in 3Ds max, I realised it ends a bit suddenly and for this I apologise. I had one slight problem - the ending needed a 'coming soon' at the end. I knocked this up; it's not the best, but it works well enough and in 10 minutes time I will not be part of this uni.

No comments:

Post a Comment