Friday, May 15, 2009

Finding Music

I knew I'd have to use music from the 1930s - 40s to create the mood. I have already tried a few tracks in the scene including Sinatra. These did not have the right feel to them. The music for the Godfather has the kind of feel i'm looking for but I can't use it for obvious reasons. I decided to look into the music that has been composed for mob films including the Untouchables.

The mood - the music needs to be somewhere between happy and dull, but with the right level of darkness.

I looked a few soundtracks into the soundtrack for films, but unsurprisingly I found that the musical score for the Untouchables film was best suited to the mood I hope to create.

Of the 13 tracks on the official movie soundtrack only 3 were close to what I wanted:

Track 02 - 'Al Capone'
Track 04 - 'Death Theme'
Track 13 - 'Machine Gun Lobby'

'Al Capone was by far the best one, and most suited to what I want. It builds up in the right way, and I can tie this in with revealing the title in bullet holes on the wall (with a bit of blood).

No comments:

Post a Comment